The holidays are approaching and many of our clients are getting ready and preparing their homes for guests.
We remind our clients when preparing their homes for holiday meals to also prepare to protect their wooden dining table.
Here are a few table care tips we recommend:
- Use felt or similar material to use under items before they are set on your dining tables.
- Use linen or cotton table cloths, sometimes other material may scratch the wood
- To avoid scratches, never slide items across the table
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Use coasters, trivets, pot holders or lined table clothes to keep any heat or moisture away for the wooden surface.
When your table is not in use we recommend table pads. Many of our clients both residential and commercial use table pads to protect their tables. Table pads can be custom made to match the shape and size of any table.
Do you need a refresher on how to properly set the table?
Here is a handy website we found: Bright Settings: How to Properly Set Your Table
For Thanksgiving table decoration inspiration, we suggest checking out a few Thanksgiving Pinterest Boards. While you are there, be sure to check out Salpeck’s Furniture Pinterest Boards for inspiring before and after furniture projects.
You will be thankful after the holidays if you take time now to prepare your dining table.
We are always available to answer any furniture care questions you may have.
Give us a call at 919-449-4902 or use our contact form.